During the Halloween day frenzy, I listened to the children, running to and fro, saying the exact same thing. "What are you?" For some it was obvious, a witch, a soldier, but for many, it was not sure what they were. Of course we knew they were children, some had changed gender assumption through costuming, yet the question rang true. What are you?
In a world fraught with evil intentions, gender uncertainly, the increase in acceptance of negative or immoral behavior, we find ourselves being questioned. What are you?
Are you a Christian? Are you? What proof have you that you are? Your clothes? Your Church attendance? Your bumper sticker? Your Service to others?
Do people look at you and have to ask, What are you? Let us all be guilty of being Christian, with enough evidence to convict us. Let's not disguise who we are, and make others wonder the Question.
Grand Prelate, Grand Commandery, Knights Templar of Michigan
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
There was a High School teacher by the name of John Christianson who had an open-door policy and would take in any student that had been thr...
-
A prelate is a high-ranking member of the clergy who is an "ordinary" or who ranks in precedence with ordinaries. The word derive...
-
We have all been taught about the man Jesus, and his role as Savior and Redeemer of the World. What do we do with this knowledge? In Deute...
-
In every relationship, we open ourselves up to being hurt or misused or misinformed at times. So I have developed a mental “reset” button...
-
Every night before we went to bed, my mother would say, “Good night—I love you. See you in the morning.” That’s still true. Because of Jesus...
-
I have understood why Mary Magdalene was found weeping at Jesus’s empty tomb, overcome with grief and sadness because she didn’t know where...
-
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And this is life eternal, that they m...
-
The Lord has given the Sabbath day for our benefit and has commanded us to keep it holy. Observing the Sabbath shows our commitment to hono...
-
Across Michigan many children are returning to School. For our little ones, its the First Day of School, as they ride the bus for the first ...
-
I've hear many times, rules were made to be broken. Not so. Rules are made to protect us from ourselves and others. I just received a te...
No comments:
Post a Comment