A prelate is a high-ranking member of the clergy who is an "ordinary" or who ranks in precedence with ordinaries. The word derives from the Latin prælatus, the past participle of præferre, which means "carry before", "be set above or over" or "prefer"; hence, a prelate is one set over others.
The archetypal prelate is a bishop, whose prelature is his particular church. All other prelates, including the regular prelates such as abbots and major superiors, are based upon this original model of prelacy. Modern Day Prelate may point to the Holy Church, and Opus Dei. The Office for which I have been appointed has no reference to that position or any Religious institution. Conversely, It will be my great fortune to share Spiritual Thoughts and point the way, which each Christian Knight should look, when devoting his life to the service of Widows and Orphans of not only the Knights Templar, but mankind in general. I introduce myself as Grand Prelate of the Grand Commandery, Knights Templar of Michigan for 2018/2018. ~ SK Bill LeVeque
Grand Prelate, Grand Commandery, Knights Templar of Michigan
Monday, August 27, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
There was a High School teacher by the name of John Christianson who had an open-door policy and would take in any student that had been thr...
-
A prelate is a high-ranking member of the clergy who is an "ordinary" or who ranks in precedence with ordinaries. The word derive...
-
We have all been taught about the man Jesus, and his role as Savior and Redeemer of the World. What do we do with this knowledge? In Deute...
-
In every relationship, we open ourselves up to being hurt or misused or misinformed at times. So I have developed a mental “reset” button...
-
Every night before we went to bed, my mother would say, “Good night—I love you. See you in the morning.” That’s still true. Because of Jesus...
-
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And this is life eternal, that they m...
-
The Lord has given the Sabbath day for our benefit and has commanded us to keep it holy. Observing the Sabbath shows our commitment to hono...
-
Across Michigan many children are returning to School. For our little ones, its the First Day of School, as they ride the bus for the first ...
-
I've hear many times, rules were made to be broken. Not so. Rules are made to protect us from ourselves and others. I just received a te...
-
I have understood why Mary Magdalene was found weeping at Jesus’s empty tomb, overcome with grief and sadness because she didn’t know where...
No comments:
Post a Comment